[wingide-users] keyboard commands and macros

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 1 13:20:51 EDT 2005

Uwe Holst wrote:
> As far as I understand, it is possible to bind top-level commands to special
> keyboard buttons. I don't like learning keyboard combinations. Is there a
> possibility to execute these commands via a shell or something similar (like
> the ex: commands in vi)?

In emacs mode, you can use alt-x and type the command name in the
mini-buffer and in normal keybinding mode, you can use Esc x.  The
command that these bindings execute is command-by-name and you can bind
another key combination to it.  BTW, there is a vi mode under active
development for our next release.

> 2. macros
> Is it possible to save recorded macros?

It is not currently possible to save macros.

> 3. syntax highlighting
> Is it possible to make own syntax highlightings for other programming
> languages? I'm testing software wirh Rational Robot (language is a basic
> dialect). Robot has very poor editing facilities and therefor I would like
> to use Wingide as a replacement.

You might try using the visual basic syntax highlighter.  Syntax
highlighters must be written in C++; we use the scintilla editing
component so would refer you to its documentation for the basics of how
to write a syntax highlighting lexer.  Please let us know if you want to
know more about this or need to get the lexer built in to Wing.

Thank you for your interest in Wing!