[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0.3 released

Danny Bloemendaal danny.bloemendaal at companion.nl
Mon Apr 25 10:46:01 EDT 2005

I just tried 2.0.3 with it's new mapping for osx and ehm...well...it's
not really useful for me. Of course I can turn it off and set it to the
normal mapping. But the point is that on osx, you can remap the keys to
whatever you want. So, e.g. I have remapped ctrl+left to next word,
ctrl-pgup to begin of document etc, like on windows. It is even possible
to remap entirely to emacs. Osx apps that are properly made, recognize
this. So, it's not right to hard-code this. That's what I don't like
about firefox for instance. It totally ignores key-mappings.

So,,for me, it's back to 'normal' personality ;-)