[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0.3 released/ I tried and installed 2.0.1-1 back (win32)

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Apr 23 11:37:13 EDT 2005

Eino Mäkitalo wrote:
> I installed it and editor stopped working.
>    I tried to load files (it show title but no program text - it was empty)
>   I tried to create new empty python file " print "hello" " (obviously)
>   Save did not worked - so I was not able to run it because it did not
> save it etc.

Can you try uninstalling version 2.0.1, moving its directory (C:\Program
Files\Wing IDE 2.0) to another location (e.g. C:\Program Files\Wing IDE
2.0.bak), then installing version 2.0.3?  If 2.0.3 still doesn't work,
you can rename Wing IDE 2.0.bak to Wing IDE 2.0 and reinstall 2.0.1.

The problem appears to be the interaction of one of the 2.0.1 patches
and the installer.

Sorry about this,