[wingide-users] Re: search/replace revisited...again

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Apr 22 20:27:57 EDT 2005

In article <Pine.LNX.4.50.0504221546040.4004-100000 at eagle.wingide.com>,
 support at wingide.com wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> (news of promising improvements to search/replace...)

A few minor things:
- (presumably a minor bug): Control-Tab almost always switches to the
next dialog box (or something like that) -- including if the cursor is
in the Replace entry. But Control-Tab inserts a tab if the cursor is in
the Search entry.

(And is there an equivalent key sequence for going backwards? I haven't
found it by experimentation and am not quite sure where to look in the
generally-excellent manual.)

- Two suggested tweaks to Mac dialog boxes to make them more standard.
Both are minor and should only be done if they are easy:
backs up. (Use \t to actually enter a tab).
  - ctrl-A for selects all. (No big deal. The important thing is that
ctrl-X, C and V now work in 2.0.3 -- yaay!)

Also, a bigger one that may be too much work to justify:
- Consider supporting Undo/Redo (including via the user's favorite
keystrokes) in dialog boxes, to undo changes to the edit field.

-- Russell