[wingide-users] search/replace revisited...again

Peter Butler peter.butler at 141.com
Thu Apr 21 19:01:35 EDT 2005

> I do think incremental searching is a real improvement once
> you get used to it -- I miss it in every application that doesn't have it.

Sorry for posting a "me too", but I also find the incremental search
very useful, particularly for searching across multiple files.  Finding
references to a particular function, class or method is very simple and
the replace function helps a lot with refactoring.

When I do want windows notepad style searches (not often), I just change
the search mode to "Batch Search Files".  Simple, and well documented in
the manual in section 4.11.2.0 "Search/Replace Modes and Scope".

Perhaps Danny should have read this before posting...

Cheers

Peter