[wingide-users] search/replace revisited...again

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Apr 21 18:23:59 EDT 2005

I'm going to try to respond by saying that we know the search interface
needs work and is difficult for users who are accustomed to traditional
search & replace dialogs.  There are a number of changes that can be
made, including:

* Not defaulting to incremental search when doing a replace operation
* Adding a search within selection option
* Possibly setting things up so that a simplified version of the search
tool comes up in a separate dialog by default
* Possibly turning off incremental search when not in emacs mode,
although I still hope to improve incremental search so that it works
smoothly.  I do think incremental searching is a real improvement once
you get used to it -- I miss it in every application that doesn't have it.

Thanks for the feedback,