[wingide-users] Re: Tabs, was Re: search/replace revisited...again

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Thu Apr 21 18:20:33 EDT 2005

In article <42682210.5030500 at companion.nl>,
 "Danny Bloemendaal" <danny.bloemendaal at companion.nl> wrote:

> Brian Almond wrote:
>
> > Another example is how the tab key is handled with
> > indentations.  (In my case, "why won't my @%(@!# tab key work?")
> >

> I agree. I end up typing more shift-ctrl-> than just tab. Especially
> when I edit html files. With these kind of files, tab should just be...
> tab and indent the line as many times as I press it.

Interesting idea to make Tab only behave "normally" for non-python files.

In any case (and as I assume you all know) it is very easy to make the
Tab key behave normally if that's what you prefer. In Preferences>User
Interface>Keyboard>Custom Key Bindings set a key for Tab that performs
"forward-tab".

-- Russell