[wingide-users] search/replace revisited...again

D. Bahi dbahi at enterasys.com
Thu Apr 21 07:36:16 EDT 2005

fairly standard user interface terminology. the more wordy version is

the incremental search should start from where your cursor is though...
i think that's all you're asking for right? and if there is a way to
abort the search you should go back to where your search started - at
least that is emacs behavior.

or, as you've found, you can switch it off.