[wingide-users] Problem using SciPY

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Apr 15 18:53:59 EDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 kimwaic888-wingide at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am trying to use the latest SciPY package under the
> latest Python 2.3, Windows XP - fp 2.   If I run it
> using IDLE, it works fine.   But WingIDE refuses to
> run it - citing:
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> '__eq__'

You can select "Ignore this exception location"
in the Exceptions tool and continue debugging.  This
choice is remembered in your project.

You can also change Wing to report exceptions only
if they actually lead to program termination with
the Debugger / Exceptions / Report Exceptions
preference -- set it to At Process Termination.

There are details as to why Wing does this here:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/managing-exceptions

In summary:  Deciding which exceptions to report
to the programmer is non-trivial and the default
setting is selected to work with the largest
number of cases.

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python