[wingide-users] Re: Script to Keep Your Projects Clean

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Wed Apr 13 11:27:22 EDT 2005

Russell E. Owen wrote:

>A few comments:
>1) I don't see any messages from the script in the Messages panel. I do
>see a progress report in the status bar (or whatever it is called) along
>the bottom of the main IDE window, but that doesn't leave any record.
>Having messages in Messages would be really nice.

It just uses print, which Wing seems to dump to your Message panel. You
might check the option menu inside of messages and make sure it's set to
Scripts.

>2) The script is not removing files for me, though it does add them.
>
>Two incidents:
>- I found a .DS_Store file in my project (on MacOS X). I edited the
>script ignore those and re-ran it. It was still there. This was perhaps
>not surprising because now maybe it just ignores them.
>
>But then...
>
>- I renamed a file. When I ran the scanner it found the new file but did
>not remove the old one. This time I think it's got to be a bug. (It is
>also repeatable, at least on my system.)

The system for adding and removing files is pretty much the same, so I'm
not sure what the issue could be. Perhaps it's not matching the glob for
exclusion and is therefor considering it for inclusion? I don't think
glob is platform dependent, but perhaps it is.