[wingide-users] Re: Script to Keep Your Projects Clean

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue Apr 12 16:32:46 EDT 2005

In article <425BFCBA.7090703 at kenkinder.com>,
 Ken Kinder <ken at kenkinder.com> wrote:

> Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:
>
> >Hello Ken,
> >
> >Thank's for this nice script: it is very usefull.
> >
> >I'm not (yet) familiar with writing scripts for WingIDE, but I was wondering
> >if it could be possible to sumerize what has be done by your script,
> >telling which files where added, and which ones where removed ? Is it
> >possible to open a dialog to show the result ?
> >

> Frédéric, that should all be visible in the "Messages" panel of WingIDE.
> You might have to add it as a panel.

A few comments:
1) I don't see any messages from the script in the Messages panel. I do
see a progress report in the status bar (or whatever it is called) along
the bottom of the main IDE window, but that doesn't leave any record.
Having messages in Messages would be really nice.

2) The script is not removing files for me, though it does add them.

Two incidents:
- I found a .DS_Store file in my project (on MacOS X). I edited the
script ignore those and re-ran it. It was still there. This was perhaps
not surprising because now maybe it just ignores them.

But then...

- I renamed a file. When I ran the scanner it found the new file but did
not remove the old one. This time I think it's got to be a bug. (It is
also repeatable, at least on my system.)

Regards,

-- Russell