[wingide-users] Re: Revert to save? Split project pane?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Tue Apr 12 16:23:51 EDT 2005

In article <425BE159.7050509 at wingware.com>,
 Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:

> Russell E. Owen wrote:
> > Is there a "Revert" command that discards changes? I can't find it in
> > the menus nor the help file, but may be using the wrong name.
>
> There is current no revert command.  We'll add one in the future.
>
> > Also, is there some way to split the project pane? My project splits
> > pretty well into two halves (the front end stuff and a package of
> > utility functions), so it seems natural to try to browse them in
> > separate panels. Probably not very important due to the excellent
> > navigation (e.g. Source Assistant). But I thought I'd ask in case I was
> > missing something obvious.
>
> You can create multiple project panes by right-clicking on the project
> tab (or any other tool tab) and selecting the project item from the
> insert tool submenu.

Thanks. That did the trick!

Minor bug: when I created a 2rd split along the right, it came up fine
but I could not bring up the menu (clicking on the little black triangle
didn't do anything). Apparently a split needs to have content before
that menu works, which is frustrating if you're trying to use the menu
to add that content.

The simple workaround was to create the 2nd project window in a
different split, then move it. (And indeed, once I did that the split's
menu started working.)

-- Russell