[wingide-users] New problems with Zope, unit tests and WingIDE

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 11:30:16 EDT 2005

It's so annoying when something that used to work stops working...

On Apr 11, 2005 11:45 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> The Products directories that Wing finds by parsing etc/zope.conf
> are not added to the path because Zope should be doing that
> internally.  For the unit tests, if they run from the command
> line, they should also run from Wing w/o us automagically adding
> anything to the path.

Well, they aren't run from the command line, typically, but with a
test runner, that of course does all the necessary magic...

Anyway, my old instance where this was working is gone, so I can't
figure out why it was working, or if I was just hallucinating. ;) I
need to find a way to run single test-files without a test runner, or
I need to figure out how to run the testrunner from within WingIDE. I
have no idea how to do any of these things at the moment.

(I can however report that running unit tests for Zope3 inside WingIDE
works just fine. A WingDBG for Zope3 will of course be needed in the
future too, but at least all Product magic is gone.)