[wingide-users] Contributed modernized WingDBG
sdeibel at wingware.com
Mon Apr 11 18:19:02 EDT 2005
Martijn Pieters contributed a modernized rewrite of WingDBG for
Zope users that is available here:
This is experimental but contains some useful new features and
will very likely serve as the basis for future versions of
WingDBG shipped with Wing.
- Auto-start debugger. If enabled, start the debugger http server
when Zope starts. Disabled by default.
- Auto-reconnect to IDE. If enabled, and not connected to the
IDE, the debugger will attempt to connect every time it services
- Logging to the Zope event log. In addition to stdout, stderr
and a file, you can also opt to log to the standard Zope event log.
- Full refactor, lots of internals changed. Applied current Zope
best practices, so things have been shuffled round a bit.
- Moved to a service model, installed in the Control Panel. There
is a special 'remove' tab that let's you remove the service as
well, so you can migrate the ZODB to a production machine
without WingDBG installed.
- Old instances can be migrated semi-automatically. Just navigate
to them and select what settings you want to migrate to the
service. Only lists settings that actually differ.
- Documentation is updated; it moved to a documentation subdir
and is included in the ZMI dynamically.
- UI is now implemented in ZPT instead of python string
- With templates in ZPT, I took the liberty of cleaning up the
UI; the status display and config screens have been modernized.
I simplified some options; same functionality, just less
complex UI for it.
If you have questions, please ask them here or email Martijn
directly at mj at zopatista dot com. This is contributed
software so Wingware staff are not the best source of information
at this point. ;-)
Wing IDE for Python
Advancing Software Development
More information about the wingide-users