[wingide-users] Projects and filesystem question

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 11 17:08:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, David Niergarth wrote:

> Is there a way for a project to reflect what's on the file system
> (so that any changes on the files system simply show up in the project
> without having to delete and add files)?

Not yet, but we plan to add auto-updating directories in the
future.

There is a Project Upkeep script available on the following page
that should help in the interim:

http://wingware.com/downloads/contrib

To use it, drop it into 'scripts' in your user settings directory
(location varies, see 5th item in About box) then Reload All
Scripts from Edit menu.  Then you'll have a new item in the
Project view context menu (right-click).  It will automatically
add/remove files on the clicked item(s) in the project according
to the exclude wildcards found in the script itself (which you
can edit, of course).

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python