[wingide-users] New problems with Zope, unit tests and WingIDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 11 17:00:46 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 7:29 PM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> > Actually, Wing 2.0.2 supports separate zope + instance
> > directories.  If you turn on the Zope support in project
> > preferences and point Wing at the instance, Wing reads
> > the etc/zope.conf file to find the zope home and other
> > products directories.
>
> Hmmm. Does it apply this magic even when not called from the Zope
> debugger stuff, but when just pressing F5? Because when printing
> sys.path in that situation, none of my Zope directories seem to be
> included.

Wing uses its parse of etc/zope.conf only internally to find and
analyse code and doesn't set magic Zope2 path values when you
start debugging.  Hmm, perhaps we should be?

I didn't see a zope.conf in your recursive directly listing.  Do
you have one, and if so, can you send it to me?  It should be in
/home/zopes/Kalender/etc/zope.conf given the configuration in
the project you sent.

> Added the files you asked for. And since this is a Five project, I
> also have everything in Zope3s  zope.* in the path normally. But that
> makes no difference in this case.

Note that the Zope support in Wing is really for Zope2, not
Zope3, so I'm not sure what happens when you use Five.  You may
indeed need to get into manually setting a path in this case.
If Five is doing path magic similar to Zope2 for things other
than Products, you may need to fake Wing into seeing directories
as packages by adding an __init__.py.  I know Zope3 is supposed
to do less magic/weird stuff w/ paths but Five may still do it.

Thanks,

- Stephan