[wingide-users] New problems with Zope, unit tests and WingIDE

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:03:00 EDT 2005

I got unit tests working under WingIDE before, but now they stopped working.

There are two differences: I updgraded WingIDE to 2.0.2 (it was 2.0.1
before I think) and Zope is now installed as default, that is with
separate SOFTWARE_HOME and INSTANCE_HOME. (This is probably the reason
why it doesn't work).

I've tried all combinations of possible PYTHON_PATHs and turning on
and off Zope support that I can figure out, but always get some sort
of import error. Either on Persistent, or on Testing.ZopeTestCase or
Products.CPSDefault.TestingCPSDefaultTestCase.

All these errors are of course clearly bogus, which if nothing else is
proven by the fact that it's quite possible to run the test via
bin/zopectl (but then I can't use the debugger, of course.)