[wingide-users] Problem with project file

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Sep 22 09:36:11 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Benno Luthiger wrote:
> Using Wing IDE Professional (2.0.0-b5) on Windows XP I face a serious
> problem:
> Since some time I can't save changes in my Wing Project Files anymore. In
> the status bar, the following message is displayed:
> 'Failed to write parts of the project file: Could not write to read-only
> file MyProject.wpr.'
> However, the specified project file isn't read-only at all.
> Any ideas to solve this problem?

Did you apply patch #3 but not patch #7?  Both are located on this list:

Patch #3 brought out a bug on Windows that patch #7 fixes.

You can see what patches are applied by looking in patches/2.0.0b5 inside
your Wing IDE installation directory.

> When I browse for a folder to select a directory that can be added to the
> project, the file dialog window is displayed. I then can navigate to the
> desired directory or enter the folder name in the input field. I am used to
> enter parts of the path of the desired directory and then hit the return
> button, expecting the path to be expanded in the navigation tree for that I
> can navigate further to the desired directory. Instead, the file dialog is
> closed and Wing tries to add the directory at the path actually entered.
> This is a little bit confusing.

This is the native windows directory selector dialog, but we can look
into whether there are options to control this behavior.  Doesn't seem
to support <tab> completion either, which would be nice...

Let us know if the above info doesn't help with the project problem.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python