[wingide-users] Line number reported in Search is double correct value

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Sep 16 11:00:02 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> I'm getting a line number reported from the Search which is around double
> the line number shown in the source file. 35 becomes 69 in the search
> results, 58 => 115, 99 => 197.
>
> Line endings in the file are just 0D 0A (looking in a binary editor). Are
> you counting both of those as a new line?

Thanks for the report.  This is fixed in our current sources.  There
were also be problems in files with \r line endings and blank lines.
It doesn't alter the ability to bring up the right line from the
search manager, but obviously can be confusing when line numbers are
important.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python