[wingide-users] is there a keybinding for block select?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Sep 14 22:45:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Help Is IT wrote:
> just bought wing2 a day or two ago and love it, the integrated debugger
> makes a real change from print statements and vim.  It is almost too easy
> to code now :)

Glad you like it!

> I am a dedicated keyboard users and having to use CTRL+Mouse (or in this
> case touchpad) to select rectangle is a real pain, is there a key binding
> setup for this?  I did hunt around but could find on.  Something like
> Alt+Ctrl and the arrows would be good.

There isn't a key binding right now for rectangle-select.  I'd like to see
this also and have added it to our list of feature requests.

You can shift + arrow keys to select ranges, as you probably noticed, just
not rectangle select except by ctrl+mouse.

(In case you're using this to adjust indentation, try selecting the lines
you want to indent and use the first three items from the Source /
Indentation menu group, all of which have key bindings.  Note that
Indent to Match will indent a whole block by adjusting it as a unit
so the first line is indented to correct relative position).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python