[wingide-users] VIm personality - possible solution?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 13 11:02:50 EDT 2004

Paul Furber wrote:
> I've stumbled across gnome-vim (http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/) which
> makes vim in its entirety available as a bonobo component and wondered
> if it could be incorporated into Wing this way. Possible?

Hmm, this may be possible, but my guess is that it would be more work
than simply implemented a vi keybinding personality because a fair
amount of Wing's code is tailored to the specific quirks of our
scintilla based editor component.  It also would only work on Linux
unless the bonobo library stack was ported to Windows.