[wingide-users] freezes freezessssss

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sun Oct 31 14:39:11 EST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> Now that I've been working with 2.0 for a few days now I can say that
> the editor is cool except for some minor usability problems. However,
> debugging python is a different story. Yesterday I tried to debug some
> code that runs in Zope and I got many freezes (forcing me to reboot). I
> installed the patch for the recursive imports and indeed that fixed one
> kind of freeze. However, in this session the freeze wasn't
> deterministic. It occured almost random. I tried it several times and
> each time the freeze was at a different place or in a different point in
> an iteration.

Another thing to try if you have time is to set your locale to english
before launching Wing.  You may need to run a dos command shell, set LANG
and any other related environments you see to 'en', and then launch Wing
from the command line by running wing.exe.

The localization situation is generally simpler on Windows than
Linux/Unix but it's certainly possible we still have problems there
as well, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to rule in/out.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python