[wingide-users] freezes freezessssss

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Sun Oct 31 05:00:46 EST 2004

Now that I've been working with 2.0 for a few days now I can say that
the editor is cool except for some minor usability problems. However,
debugging python is a different story. Yesterday I tried to debug some
code that runs in Zope and I got many freezes (forcing me to reboot). I
installed the patch for the recursive imports and indeed that fixed one
kind of freeze. However, in this session the freeze wasn't
deterministic. It occured almost random. I tried it several times and
each time the freeze was at a different place or in a different point in
an iteration.

So, *sigh*, well, it's very hard to do testing and I'm willing to spend
some time to figure out when it happens but I don't know how.

I had to revert back to 1.1 to debug my code :-(

Danny