[wingide-users] Tab key behaviour is odd

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 00:38:00 EDT 2004

> It sounds like you want to map the tab key to an entirely different
> command.  I don't think we can make the above change without annoying
> people that want the current indent-to-match behaviour, but we can
> create a command like what you describe and make it available for
> use instead (or using some other key combo, if you prefer).

I don't see that it's that different from the existing behaviour (though
"I would say that, wouldn't I?" :-) ). Once there is some code to the left
of the cursor, tab does nothing. In that case the "indent-to-match"
behaviour isn't appropriate, and I'm suggesting something else to take its
place.

I guess if I can switch the tab key to another command or script then I
would be happy. I wouldn't be so happy if I needed to use another key
combination as it is so automatic for my fingers.

Alternatively I'll work on the source code and customise my copy - is the
code still available after signing an NDA?

Hugh