[wingide-users] Edge Markers has a problem in rc2

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 27 19:55:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Jacob Lundqvist wrote:
> If User InterFace-Source Code Font/Size is set to
> "Match Display Font/Size"
> the Edge Marker is on the wrong column
> In my case its displayed at 56, even though its configured at 80
>
> If Source Code Font/Size is "Use Default" it works as expected

With proportional fonts, you need to use the "Background" style
of edge marker since there isn't a fixed location where the
line should go.  80 characters can be very short or very long
depending on the characters.  I believe it's placing the line
according to the minimum character width.

It should really be forced to the background style when using

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python