[wingide-users] Re: Bug in rc2 that exists in rc1

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 27 19:46:45 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Douglas Soares de Andrade wrote:
> I found a bug. I already talked about this bug earlier...
>
> But here it goes...
>
> i have done a :
>
> $ rm -rf /home/douglas/.wingide2
>
> And when i try to call wing rc2 with the command it jut show the splash and
> closes.

Patch #2 for 2.0rc2 is now available to fix this, in case anyone else
runs into it:

http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/2.0.0/patches

The problem occurs on Linux and possibly OS X when there is no .wingide2
and no .wingide directory and the locale is non-English and happens to
contain non-ascii characters in the translated "file or directory not
found" message that comes with the Python IOError exception.

This patch fixes related errors in a number of other places, where we were
making assumptions about the text encoding used for these messages when
we write them to our internal error log.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python