[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0rc2 released

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Oct 27 16:26:15 EDT 2004

> Wing IDE 2.0rc2 has been released and is now available for download
> for Windows, Linux, and OS X:

I think this was actually introduced in rc1 (which I didn't get to
before rc2), but I just wanted to say a big thanks for the changes
that handle backspace at the start of an indent like a dedent, and
dedent as always moving to an indent level rather than a fixed set
of characters backwards.  As a die-hard Emacs user the combination
was killing me, since I'd always hit a backspace thinking I would
dedent, but then correct myself with a back-tab only to find
myself one space off of the prior indent. :-)

Anyway, this was something I had inquired about way back when with
1.1 and was told it would likely be on the list for 2.0, so I'm
ecstatic to see it make it into 2.0.  It may be small, but at least
for me it makes a big deal while editing code.

-- David