[wingide-users] rc2 issues and performance problems

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 27 14:11:59 EDT 2004

Wing IDE Support wrote:
> I see this sluggishness also on a win2k vmware image so I hope we can
> fix this soon.  It may be as simple as a build problem since we fixed
> CPU load very similar to this that first appeared in 2.0rc1.

A patch is now available that fixes the speed problem.  The patch is
available from the download page at:

http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/2.0.0/patches

The bug was caused by a build problem on Windows as Stephan suggested it
might be.  Only the Windows binaries were affected; the Linux and OS X
binaries do not have this problem.

To apply the patch, unpack it into your Wing IDE installation directory,
using WinZip or a similar tool. In WinZip, make sure you leave the Use
Folder Names option checked so that files are placed correctly in the
hierarchy.

Sorry for our mix-up,