[wingide-users] rc2 issues and performance problems

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Wed Oct 27 08:22:51 EDT 2004

I didn't use the default skin and after switching to it there wasn't
much change.
I did some tests and started with a blank window, typed a few lines of
text. Moving the cursor around was rather fast, roughly what I would
expect. While moving around though, I could see that the movement itself
wasn't constant. During movement you can see pauses or delays. The more
text I added to this window the slower the movement became. With about
50 lines of text, horizontal movement was unacceptably slow. Vertical
movenment also started to crawl. And the irregular speed of the cursor
becomes even more irritating. The irregularity itself seem to be
constant: about every 10 characters it pauses for a moment.