[wingide-users] Tab key behaviour is odd

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 05:34:00 EDT 2004

> Hmm, I don't want such behaviour. I love the ability to indent the
> current line to the right level, according to the previous code,  using
> TAB, whatever the cursor position is !!! I don't want to have to go the
> the begining of the line to do that...

LOL. Fair enough - can't please everyone.

How about this slight modification to the behaviour:

If you detect that there are only spaces before the cursor, or it's the
start of a line, then tab should insert sufficient spaces for the current
code indent level (or whatever you determine the indent level should be).

In all other cases it should insert sufficient spaces so that the cursor
is at the next column which is divisible by the number of spaces in a tab
stop.

Hugh