[wingide-users] Tab key behaviour is odd

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Wed Oct 27 05:12:27 EDT 2004

Le mercredi 27 Octobre 2004 10:32, Hugh Gibson a écrit :

> Just to summarize: if you detect that it's the start of a line, then tab
> should insert sufficient spaces for the current code indent level (or
> whatever you determine the indent level should be).
>
> In all other cases it should insert sufficient spaces so that the cursor
> is at the next column which is divisible by the number of spaces in a tab
> stop.
>
> So if you have tabs set to 8 spaces, and the cursor is on position 5, you
> should insert 3 spaces to bring it up to 8 spaces. If you press tab again
> you would insert 8 spaces to bring it up to 16 spaces.

Hmm, I don't want such behaviour. I love the ability to indent the current
line to the right level, according to the previous code,  using TAB,
whatever the cursor position is !!! I don't want to have to go the the
begining of the line to do that...

Can't you use a modifier key to really insert spaces in other cases ?
Shift-TAB, for example (as it does exactly the same as Ctrl-<)...

--
   Frédéric