[wingide-users] rc2 issues and performance problems

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Wed Oct 27 04:38:35 EDT 2004

Some issues:

In the project toolbox, quickly multiselecting different items (was
making a selection to remove many gifs that were listed) opens the item.
It treats it as a double click eventhough I single click on different
items.

I created a new project and tried to add a directory but when I selected
the folder, nothing happened. I then added a single file and that showed
up in the Project toolbox. Then I tried again to add a directory and
then indeed the entire directory tree was shown in the project toolbox.

Mmm, after having using it now for a few hours, I revert back to the
previous version (again). Sorry but the speed with which the cursor
moves through the code is unacceptably slow (on my WinXP box). And WinG
is eating away lots of cpu power even when I do nothing. The fan is
constantly blowing. The whole experience with WinG is just too slow.
This is really unfortunate because I really really would like to use
2.0. I tried to turn off and close all source analysis stuff but that
didn't change a thing.
Also, dragging editor windows, scrolling in toolboxes is a pita. Screen
updates are far behind. If you ask me, rc2 is by far not a
release-candidate. I agree that speed has improved since earlier
versions but I still can't use it (I can even accept the lacking support
for dual monitors for now but the speed makes me too inproductive).

Is there any chance this will be better soon? Please say yes!!!

Danny