[wingide-users] Strange behaviour of tab arrows

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 26 14:12:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> When you have lots of files open in the editor then there is no room for
> the tabs on top of the editor panel. Two little arrows appear, left and
> right.
>
> Their behaviour seems a little strange - selecting the next or previous
> tab. I can easily do that myself using the mouse - why would I want to use
> those arrows?

A very good question and we agree with you.  We're planning to override
how this works in the widget we're using (what you're seeing is the
poorly considered default behavior of the GtkNotebook widget).

> I've taken to using the Window menu, which is probably a lot faster
> anyway.

Yes, and you can also hide the tabs entirely in favor for an extra
popup with the files listed in the area where the source navigation
menus are located.  See the Hide Notebook Tabs item in the options
popup in top right of editor area.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python