[wingide-users] win rc1 eats cpu all the time

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 19 11:57:45 EDT 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Jacob Lundqvist wrote:
> I develop on linux, but deliver for windows, so I run wing in a vmware
> session, to do final testing and debuging before i pack things upp for
> delivery.
>
> I have noted that since updating to rc1, my vmware session eats loads of
> cpu when Im in the debugger even when I have stoped on a breakpoint.
>
> Its really disturbing, since the cpu-load gives you a real lag on
> everything.
>
> Is there anything I can adjust to get a lower cpu-load when Im holding
> on breakpoints?

Unfortunately, it's a general low-level problem in the editor that was
brought out for somewhat arcane reasons in 2.0rc1.  It is worse in
environments like vmware.

This is the same problem that was reported on this list earlier and we'll
of course fix it in the next release.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python