[wingide-users] A few observations on 2.0 rc1

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 18 12:20:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, F. GEIGER wrote:
> - Source Assistant seems to have become worse: Now more often cannot infer
> type. Seemed better in beta 5.

Can you send to support at wingware.com details on the file layout and the
Python Path you've got in your project properties?  The example you gave
works for me with two files in the same directory.  My guess is Wing
isn't finding Model.py for some reason unrelated to that particular
content of the file.

> - Cursor navigation is slowlier than in beta 5 (I'm on XP/SP1 on a 3GHz
> Notebook). This is minor issue, of course.

I suspect this is due to the previously reported slowdown which appeared
in rc1 for somewhat arcane reasons.  We'll fix this before 2.0 final, of
course.

> - An issue which hass annoyed me ever since, i.e. not 2.0 rc1 specific: Why
> can't I see the type of an exception in WingIDE?

Thanks for pointing this out.  It was a long-standing error in the code
that builds the exception message and has been fixed in our sources.  I'm
amazed this wasn't reported sooner!

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python