[wingide-users] Python 2.4 debugger support

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Nov 30 17:25:01 EST 2004

Dave Aitel wrote:

> Was there some nice new feature that was going to let you add threading
> debugging support in 2.4? Debugging threads is something we still
> struggle with.

Support for multi-threaded debugging is in our plans for next year, but
it won't be implemented in the next release.  Note that you can
currently debug a single thread in a multi-threaded application by
either launching the app & debugging the main thread or by importing
wingdbstub on a thread of interest & initiating a "remote" debug
session.  I realize this is probably not what you had in mind, but it
could be useful.

Cheers,