[wingide-users] Screen update when deleting text is slow for large files

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 24 13:33:55 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> I've got a file which is 300k. When adding spaces using keyboard repeat,
> the spaces appear on the screen OK (I've got little dots showing for
> spaces). But when deleting them using the backspace key (above Return)
> there is no update until I take a finger off the key - in other words,
> there isn't enough time between key repeats to update the display.
>
> This makes it easy to delete more than you want to.
>
> I'm using a 1GHz Athlon, 512 MB memory.
>
> Anything that can be done? I wonder if psyco would help.

It's not a performance problem but a failure to process update
events on win32 in certain cases.  There's also a problem if you
hold down the page up/down keys in the editor, I believe.  Fixing
this is already on our list.

Thanks for reporting this.  We didn't know it occurs in that
particular case.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python