[wingide-users] Screen update when deleting text is slow for large files

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 11:53:00 EST 2004

I've got a file which is 300k. When adding spaces using keyboard repeat,
the spaces appear on the screen OK (I've got little dots showing for
spaces). But when deleting them using the backspace key (above Return)
there is no update until I take a finger off the key - in other words,
there isn't enough time between key repeats to update the display.

This makes it easy to delete more than you want to.

I'm using a 1GHz Athlon, 512 MB memory.

Anything that can be done? I wonder if psyco would help.

Hugh