[wingide-users] Searches auto-restart even when turned off

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Nov 11 11:41:15 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> I have search auto-restart turned off. However, when editing a file, a
> small time after making a change, the file is automatically searched
> again.

If you're not using 2.0 final, you may want to update as that fixes
some restarts that shouldn't have happened (at startup).

However, I see it's still re-searching the file when in "current file"
mode and editing, even if the search manager is hidden or the
"auto-restart searches" option is turned off.  That's a bug.

> Is there a tweak I can make to turn this off?

For now, the work around is to put the search manager into interactive
search mode when you don't want it to update its search results as you're
editing.

Thanks for the report.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python