[wingide-users] Searches auto-restart even when turned off

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 05:35:00 EST 2004

I have search auto-restart turned off. However, when editing a file, a
small time after making a change, the file is automatically searched
again.

This introduces delays into editing. The cursor won't respond while it is
searching (it's a big file - 306k).

I want to have the search dialog available, but *not* have it do any
automatic searching, even after edits, as the auto-search makes the editor
difficult to use.

Is there a tweak I can make to turn this off?

Hugh