[wingide-users] Zope debug and rc2

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 3 13:49:14 EST 2004

Jacob Lundqvist wrote:
 > When I reach my breakpoint, the path is still unchanged, its the
 > default one :(

Hi,

When using WingDBG to debug code in Zope, setting the python path in
Wing helps the browser / autocomplete engine find the definition of
classes and functions defined by Zope but it does not affect the python
path used by Zope at runtime.  To add a directory to a Zope instance so
that it is used at runtime, you can edit etc/zope.conf under your
instance directory and add a path directive to the file.

When adding a directory to the python path in Wing, you do not need to
specify the directories added by the default python interpreter so to
add a single directory to the path, you'd select custom and then enter
the directory you want added.