[wingide-users] Drop-down list of classes at top of editor is scrolled up

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Nov 3 08:53:45 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> It would be much more helpful if the list was shown in the order in which
> the classes/functions appeared in the code, and also if it dropped down in
> the same place each time, like a normal drop-down list.

You can sort the list by file order by selecting the last menu item
in the options drop down in the top right of the editor:  "Sort
Symbol Menus in File Order".

The drop downs do act weird if they're long.  They should not be
auto-scrolling so far that there is empty space in the list.  More gtk
widget weirdness we need to override/improve (improving these drop
downs is already on our list).

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python