[wingide-users] Drop-down list of classes at top of editor is scrolled up

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 03:32:00 EST 2004

The drop-down list of classes in a file which appears at the top of the
edit window behaves a little oddly.

It seems that the current class is always highlighted in the list, and
shown exactly over the top of the drop-down control. This can cause some
inconvenient behaviour when the IDE is maximised in Windows, with lots of
classes/functions (I have 12 entries in the list). If the current class
is at the bottom of the list, the top of the list is cut off, requiring
the mouse to be moved up so that the list scrolls.

I can see one reason for setting focus on the current class, and that is
if you wanted to find classes around the current class in the code.
However, as the list that is shown is sorted alphabetically, that's not
very useful. You immediately lose any careful organisation of
classes/functions that you've made in the source code.

It would be much more helpful if the list was shown in the order in which
the classes/functions appeared in the code, and also if it dropped down in
the same place each time, like a normal drop-down list.

Hugh