[wingide-users] Can't use license file

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed May 26 14:10:26 EDT 2004

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest beta of V2 and can't seem to get it to work
> with my license file (a new one I got on 4/29).

Wing 2.0b3 uses a new license scheme, so you'll need a new license code
and the easiest way to get one is to choose the option to obtain a trial
license.   We're not set up to issue permanent licenses yet, so we're
asking everybody to use trial licenses with 2.0b3.  The trial license
will expire in 10 days, but you'll be able to obtain an unlimited number
of trial licenses until the permanent licenses are available.  Once
permanent licenses for 2.0 are available, there will be a way to upgrade
the 1.1 license to a 2.0 license.

Sorry for the confusion,