[wingide-users] Version 1.10 off in the weeds

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com gary.h.merrill at gsk.com
Tue May 25 10:40:12 EDT 2004

I've gone back to using 1.10 for a while until the new release settles
down a bit, and I've suddenly encountered an odd problem.

It started this way:

1) I brought up Wing and opened my usual project (which consists of over
100 modules at this point).
2) I started to edit one of the smaller modules (emacs mode, if that
matters) to upgrade it to the new wxPython conventions (e.g.,
'wx.Whatever' instead of 'wxWhatever').
3) On the third replace, the hourglass came on and stayed on.  CPU usage
was 99%.  After a while I killed it.
4) Started again at step 1.  Same result.
5) Killed it again.

Now whenever I bring up wing and it loads the project, it goes directly
off in the weeds, using up all of the CPU and not doing anything.  I can
see the memory usage fluctuating over a range of about 5M, but it just
chugs away and never comes back.

I'm stuck and can't debug my application.

Operating system is XP.

Gary H. Merrill
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications
Data Exploration Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
(919) 483-8456