[wingide-users] Can't type " or ' with WingIDE2 ??

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon May 24 09:08:31 EDT 2004

Axel Kowald wrote:
> I played a bit around and narrowed down the problem.
> WingIDE 2 can't cope with the keyboard input layout 'US international'.
> With this layout I can't  produce " or ' characters, with keyboard
> layouts (for instance 'US') it works fine. I'm using US international
> because I have an english keyboard, but like to be able to get German
> umlauts easily (by pressing "o for instance).

Don't know how this works under Win2K, but under Linux, I have to type a
space or the same character again after a " or ' to make it actually
appear. This works for me in Wing 2 just fine.

I usually dobn't use the US-int layout, but KDE let's me switch between
various keyboard layouts with a single mouseclick. I believe Windows has
a similar feature. If you find that you really cannot get quotes to
work, switch layouts instead.

Martijn Pieters