[wingide-users] 2.0.0b3: Debug-I/O Tool

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue May 18 09:24:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Adi Sieker wrote:
> the Debug I/O tool doesn't show print statements until the application closes.
> At least while debugging wxPython applications.

Sounds like a buffering problem probably specific to wx.  Can you send
your version of wx and your OS / version info to us?  One work-around may
be to use an external console instead (see Options menu in the Debug I/O
tool).

BTW, a good way to report things like this is with the Bug Report item
in the Help menu, as you can optionally include your error log which
might contain useful diagnostic information.

> Oh, and on a side note. How do I keep WingIDE from switching to German
> locals?

You should be able to set the environment variable LANGUAGE=en before
launching Wing to get it to use the English localization.  We probably
need to add a preference to make this easier to figure out.

Thanks for the bug report.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python