[wingide-users] 2.0 is slower than 1.1

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu May 13 12:14:53 EDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Fabio Parodi wrote:
> I tried the beta of new release 2.0 and I've noticed that it is much
> slower than 1.1. No doubt that it will work well on a brand new PC, but
> on my two-years old laptop, it's not usable.
>
> Is this something that depends on instrumentation code for the beta, and
> that will go away with the final release?

We still have some optimization planned, but it shouldn't do badly on a
laptop that's only 2 years old.  Sounds like it might be some specific
problem like being totally out of memory and swapping heavily.  Can you
send us more specifics about what is slow and/or look at memory usage and
availability on your system while Wing is running?

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python