Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0 beta2 technology preview

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:11:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, David J. C. Beach wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 01:57, Axel M=FCller wrote:
> > wishlist:
> >=20
> > - font antialiasing
>=20
> Ditto!  Especially for an editor...

Try altering the font/size from preferences (the display font and
the editor font can be altered independently).

We're basing the editor font size on the general GUI font size but
this might have been a mistake because the fonts aren't scaling well.
A good choice on Windows is Lucida Typewriter 12 and on Linux
lucidatypewriter 12.  I do find myself immediately going back to that
whenever I blow away my prefs.

We do plan to try to improve our font support to make things
look cleaner but I don't yet know what it'll take (we're basing on
Pango, which certainly has its quirks).

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!