Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0 beta2 technology preview

Wing IDE Announce info at wingide.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:19:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

We're happy to announce the first publically available beta release
for Wing IDE 2.0!

This release has a completely redesigned user interface that gives
you substantial control over layout, windowing style, and overall
look and feel.  The following additional major features are also
included:

* Calltips and other context-appropriate source documentation
* Syntax error indicators
* Editor tabs and splits
* Multi-file, wildcard, and regular expression searching
* Integrated documentation and tutorial
* Graphical preferences editor with many new user interface prefs
* Integrated debug process I/O
* Improved/simplified debug data watching and expression evaluation
* German localization
* Support for non-ascii encodings

Details and downloads for Windows and Linux are available here:

http://wingide.com/wingide/beta

Please remember this is a beta and there are some incomplete features,
quirks, and bugs.  This version may be subject to problems caused
by binary compatibility among Linux versions or conflicts with
various Windows add-ons.

We're very interested in obtaining feedback, so please email us with
comments, requests, suggestions, and bug reports.  We will be attending
PyCon over the next few days, so if you're there, you can talk to Stephan
and John about the new version.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

John Ehresman